Consolidating its rigorous compliance with performance strategies and the application of evaluation criteria in the financed projects, the Central American Bank for Economic Integration (CABEI) was admitted as a full member of the Evaluation Cooperation Group (EGC), made up of the main multilateral development banks.
CABEI's incorporation took place at the ECG Spring Meeting held June 9-10, 2022 at the World Bank Group headquarters in Washington D.C. and was formally communicated by the Inspector General of the European Investment Bank (IEB), Jan Willem van der Kaaij, to CABEI's Executive President.
The Evaluation Cooperation Group (ECG) was established in 1996 to promote a more harmonized approach to the evaluation methodology, following an evaluation of the five main entities that make up the Multilateral Development Bank (MDB): The African Development Bank, the Asian Development Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, the Inter-American Development Bank, and the World Bank.
The ECG has promoted not only harmonization, but also independence of assessment, professionalism, learning lessons and cooperation. In this sense, the members that make up this group also work on joint evaluations and meta-evaluations, in the same way, they discuss issues such as the independence of the evaluation offices in the MDBs, the evaluability of interventions, the MDBs' results agenda, and learning and disseminating lessons. For this purpose, the ECG has developed and used the Good Practice Standards (GPS), as well as benchmarking studies to assess the degree to which members apply them. The ECG has also developed a process for peer review of independent evaluation offices.
- Evaluation Cooperation Group
- Asian Development Bank Independent Evaluation Department
- African Development Bank Independent Development Evaluation
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank Independent Evaluation Office
- Council of Europe Development Bank Evaluation Department
- OECD Development Assistance Committee
- EBRD - Independent Evaluation Department
- European Investment Bank Operations Evaluation
- International Fund for Agricultural Development - Independent Office of Evaluation
- Islamic Development Bank Operations Evaluation Department
- International Monetary Fund Independent Evaluation Office
- United Nations Evaluation Group
- United Nations Development Program - Independent Evaluation Office
- World Bank Independent Evaluation Group